- About Us
- Students & Parents
- Contact Us
- Staff Directory
Optional Programs / Signatures
The programs and forms listed below are optional to your student.
The Nevada Joint Union High School District participate in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. If you now receive food stamps, CalWORKS, Kin-GAP or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or if your income meets the eligibility guidelines (outlined below), your student may receive free meals.
Each year districts conduct a survey to identify American Indian students attending our county public schools. This survey determines the amount of federal funding our Indian Education program will receive. If your student is of American Indian descent, please take a few moments to complete the form below. Your child is automatically enrolled in the program when you complete and return this form to your school. The program is coordinated by the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools Office. The contact is Mary Jane Ryan-Connelly at 530-478-6400, x210.
The district, in coopeartion with the California Department of Health Services, participates in the Medi-Cal Billing Option Program which provides the school district with additional federal Medicaid funds for selected student health services. In order to receive these federal dollars, the school district must make an attempt to bill private health insurance companies by asking for parent/guardian's consent to bill. Complete this form only if your student has private insurance and you will allow us to submit claims. Your insurance will not be billed unless you choose to respond the this notification. School health services currently provided to all students will not be changed by your response or lack of response.
Medications Required During School Hours If your student requires medications during the school day, you must complete this form, including a physician's signature and return it to the school nurse.
This one page form allows you, at your option, to deny the release of your student's directory information to all organizations, to request that your student not participate in health, family life or sex education instruction or to request you be notified about any pesticide applications at school.
If you ONLY want to deny access of your student directory information to the military there is a separate signature page for that purpose.
This form may be used for complaints regarding inadequate conditions in public school restroom facilities (maintenance, cleaning, availability, etc).
- Medication Form (DOC - 30 KB)
- Site Council Elections for Parents (DOC - 25 KB)
- Indian Education - Instructions (PDF - 11 KB)
- Indian Education - Letter from County Superintendent (PDF - 649 KB)
- Indian Education Enrollment Form (PDF - 16 KB)
- Las comidas gratis o a precios reducidos (PDF - 70 KB)
- LEA Medi-Cal Billing option(PDF - 72 KB)
- Message from the Nurse (DOC - 26 KB)
- 2016-17 Lunch Application and Letter.pdf
- National School Lunch Program Letter to Households - Spanish (PDF - 214 KB)
- Optional Signature Page This form is used to deny directory information to ALL organizations, to NOT participate in sex education or to request information on pesticides.Please be aware that if you deny the release of all directory information you will not be able to participate on a sports team.
- Optional Signature Page-Deny Directory Info to Military (Deny access to military ONLY.)
- Restroom Maintenance Complaint Form Page 1 (PDF - 73 KB)
- Restroom Maintenance Complaint Form Page 2 (PDF - 80 KB)
- pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
- doc file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Word website.